juwi solar Inc. (JSI) is a privately-held solar energy generation company based in Boulder, Colorado. JSI is majority-owned by juwi Holding AG of Germany. Click proceed to visit our parent company website.
juwi Inc. based in Boulder, Colorado, and majority-owned by Germany-based juwi Holding AG is a developer and turnkey EPC contractor of solar power plants throughout North America. juwi’s main focus is the development, construction and operation of utility-scale power plants (1MW or larger).
Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Boulder, CO
Reports To: Applications Engineering Manager
Start Date: Immediately
juwi Inc. (“juwi”), based in Boulder, Colorado, and majority owned by MVV Energie AG based in Germany, is a developer and turnkey EPC contractor of solar power plants throughout North America. juwi’s main focus is the development, construction and operation of utility-scale power plants (1 MW or larger).
juwi has established an aggressive target for bringing solar power on line over the next several years and is seeking a Quality Engineer to contribute to the design, development, testing and installation support of its solar racking. The position will be based in Boulder, CO and will report to the Applications Engineering Manager.
The Quality Engineer will work independently in the following areas
• Supplier Quality:
• Travel to current and potential vendors to perform Quality Audits
• Migrate new components into high volume manufacturing, working with and qualifying multiple vendors, as needed
• Implement and maintain juwi QA/QC process for manufactured components
• Receive and review vendor quality documentation for each order in accordance with juwi PPAP (including Control Plans, Capability Studies, First Article Inspections, Part Submission Warrants, Material Certifications, etc.)
• Review and analysis of QC data for each run to ensure vendors are producing parts to spec. Work closely with vendors to establish and maintain Cpk limits on dimensions that are critical to quality
• Work through nonconformities with vendors using root cause analysis tools, NCR’s and Deviation Authorizations
• Construction Quality:
• Assist in the training of construction staff on new processes
• Travel to construction sites to perform construction quality assessments
• Train and oversee construction team on performing quality assurance processes
• Coordinate lessons learned after each project completion
• Assist in the procurement of materials to support new and existing projects
• Installed Product Support:
• Coordinate periodic Maintenance Inspections
• Receive and catalog Field Failure Reports for all maintenance requests from the field. Develop reliability statistics of tracker performance by project
• Travel to sites when needed to investigate field issues
• Perform root cause analysis, as needed to address and resolve issues and ensure that field failure issues are addressed all the way back to the manufacturer when needed
• Assist team in the laboratory and in the field with product reliability testing
• Develop and perform reliability testing in our lab and with 3rd party labs, as needed
• Coordinate 3rd party subcontractors to perform large maintenance tasks in the field
• Bachelor’s Degree from Accredited University in Quality Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
• 5-10 years of experience working as an Engineer in a manufacturing environment: experience in PV-related structures a strong added benefit
• Working knowledge of GD&T and experience reading and interpreting mechanical drawings
• Strong experience and knowledge base of statistical analysis software, such as JMP or MINI-TAB
• Proven Ability to create, and maintain Databases
• Experience and knowledge base of product reliability modeling software, such as RELIASOFT
• Must possess extensive analytical skills with the ability to perform detailed statistical analyses
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication and coordination skills
• Autonomous: take initiative and organize work in an independent manner
• Highly organized and detail-oriented individual with history of writing reports for 3rd party review.
• Ability to travel up to 25% and willingness to work flexible and long hours
• Desire to grow professionally
• 6-sigma Green-belt, Black-belt preferred.
• Background in metal forming, extrusion, stamping, casting, plating, and injection molding processes.
• Experience in and knowledge of manufacturing specifications, engineering drawings, and quality control methods and metrics
• Experience on construction sites
• Project Management Experience preferred
• Experience in Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault, and the Microsoft Office Suite
Any offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon drug screening, in accordance with Section 12-3-3, B.R.C. 1981. juwi is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. juwi prohibits discrimination, directly or indirectly, on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Title: Project Planner
Location: Boulder, CO
Start Date: Immediately
juwi Inc. (juwi) is based in Boulder, Colorado and specializes in developing, constructing, and operating utility-scale solar and wind power plants throughout North America.
juwi has established an aggressive target for bringing solar power on line over the next several years and is seeking a Project Planner to support the company’s goals. The ideal candidate is an experienced permitting and planning professional with excellent communication skills, attention to detail, good judgment, and a demonstrated ability to manage processes.
The Project Planner is responsible for the successful entitlement, permitting and environmental compliance for projects to which he or she is assigned. The Project Planner will establish and manage the permitting schedule and budget. During the development phase of a project, the Project Planner will represent the company’s interests in front of authorities having jurisdiction such as city councils, zoning commissions, and planning commissions. The Project Planner will manage consultants that provide subject matter expertise. In connection with the project financing process, the Project Planner will prepare permitting summaries and will address questions and issues raised by juwi’s customers on these matters. During the construction phase of a project, the Project Planner will apply for and obtain all construction permits and will ensure compliance with all project permits. The Project Planner will work closely with the Project Development, Project Management, Engineering, Construction, Legal and Finance teams to ensure timely and smooth project execution.
In addition to the functional responsibilities described above, the Project Planner will:
Execute the permitting processes for specific projects, including:
manage all land use and zoning approvals, site studies, environmental permitting, and driveway and building permit submittals, etc. and
select and manage consulting firms (e.g. environmental site studies, surveying, permitting support and regulatory compliance),
ensure site designs comply with all permits,
ensure execution-phase compliance with all permits and approvals;
Research and understand the viability of potential utility-scale solar farm sites, including zoning, land use, topography, transportation master plan conflicts, drainage, and master plan considerations. Using state and federal data, research the presence of wetlands, streams, floodplain, and endangered or threatened species.
Research permitting requirements specific to identified sites.
Identify applicable city, county, state and federal code and statutes regarding land use at sites.
Provide this information to the rest of the Project Development team for review and analysis.
Work with landowners on permitting and approval processes.
Develop and manage budgets, schedules, and summaries related to permitting.
Support the identification of potential sites for locating utility-scale renewable energy projects.
Advise the Business Development, Project Management, Legal, Engineering, Construction, Operations and Maintenance and other teams to ensure a comprehensive understanding of project permitting requirements, a smooth handoff between development and project management and a successful, cost effective, and efficient project development process.
Manage community outreach and public stakeholder communication and education
BA/BS degree: planning, civil engineering, construction management, environmental, natural resources degree or relevant work experience preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Minimum of two years of experience in project development, permitting/planning.
Working understanding of land use, zoning, construction permitting, and environmental policy and law.
Understanding of relevant local, state, and federal regulations.
Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication and coordination skills.
Ability to work autonomously and to take initiative.
Strong organizational skills and ability.
Ability and desire to learn from more experience team members.
Ability to elicit cooperation from team members across departments.
Willingness to work flexible and long hours with occasional project-related travel.
Interest in renewable energy.
Skilled in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Word.
juwi is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. juwi prohibits discrimination, directly or indirectly, on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Any offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon drug screening, in accordance with Section 12-3-3, B.R.C. 1981.